Metro’s 3-year-old son, who was swimming with family friends, was bought at the bottom of the pool with his towel. One friend began CPR – or the closest thing he understood based on what he’d seen on TV – on Clay’s blue, lifeless body. Paramedics came and got Clay’s heart beating again.
Drowning is the third-leading reason behind unintentional injury loss of life worldwide, accounting for 7 percent of all injury-related deaths, according to the World Health Organization. The agency quotes there are 360,000 annual drowning fatalities worldwide. Dr. Michael Sayre, a professor of emergency medication at the University of Washington in Seattle. After Clay’s recovery, Metro founded a nonprofit called CPR Party, using the model of at-home shopping celebrations to encourage people to teach and find out CPR.
- 4 years ago from Topeka, KS
- Craft an Exit Strategy
- Benchmarks specific to your advertising campaign and advertising goals
- Select the Bluetooth headset and press the “Default” button
- Social Media Is…Well…Social
- Where can people find you and/your products
- Get gone Adware and Spyware
About one in five people who expire from drowning are 14 years old or younger, based on the Centers for Disease Prevention and Control. And for each child who dies from drowning, another five receive emergency department look after nonfatal injuries, including brain damage often. The numbers are discouraging particularly, experts say, because oftentimes, drowning is preventable. Adam Katchmarchi, executive director of the National Drowning Prevention Alliance. On its website, the NDPA strains what it phone calls “layers of safety,” including swimmer training, basic facility safety, and parental obligations made to prevent drowning. Drowning can occur quickly and silently, unexpectedly, Katchmarchi said.
The “Add hardware” icon is only available in Windows XP and prior variations of Windows. Motorists have been Onceinstalled, reboot the computer. Open Windows Device Manager. 1. In these devices Manager, locate the device you want to upgrade. 2. Right-click the device and click Properties. 3. In the Properties window, click the Driver tab.
4. Click the Update Driver button. 5. In the Hardware Update Wizard, point Windows to the positioning of the up to date driver documents on your hard drive. Once motorists have been installed, reboot the computer. Finally, if the above recommendations do not work, the set-up instructions for motorists and hardware devices are always within an .inf file that is positioned in the driver data files.
Locate the .inf apply for your version of Windows. Right-click that document and choose the option for install. Be sure you are installing the correct .inf file and not an .inf file for another device or for a different version of Windows. Once you’ve right-clicked and installed the drivers, reboot the computer.